Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 4 - Bluecherry Pi


So today, in American date, was 3.14, or more commonly (among geeks and mathematicians) known as Pi Day.  In celebration of Pi Day, Katie and I made a pie.  The one problem we could not decide on was whether to have a blueberry pie, or cherry pie (I was, naturally, in favor of cherry 'cause it's the best!).  Then we realized that our recipe called for two cans of berries, and came to a perfect solution - pour blueberries in one half, and cherries in the other!  It worked really well, and we both got exactly the pie we wanted in the first place.  I even coined a word to describe the pie "bluecherry".  I feel it is accurate and descriptive...and naming it definitely made it taste better!  In this picture the top half of the pie is the blueberry, the bottom half is cherry.  For those who don't believe me (or are just interested in such things) I have included a picture of the pie just before I put the top crust on bellow.  See, one half blueberries, one half the far superior cherries (I am really glad that Katie prefers the blueberry side because it means more cherry pie for me!).  However, despite my prejudice, I must admit that whichever way you cut it, it still tastes amazing (oh yes, I did).

Till tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment